Monday, June 23, 2008

yard sale serenade

it was a lovely saturday last weekend, so we cleaned out the garage and set up a yard sale in our front lawn. john's parents, who are down sizing, brought bundles... and bundles of garage sale goodness as well. (we politely expressed surprise at finding evidence of past gifts from one another among our piles of discard. heehee.) by the end of the day we were all exhausted, and though somewhat profitable a turn out, i don't think this adventure will be repeated anytime soon...

i will say that the best part of the day was spending time with family; lindsy and kurt helped immensely with set up and playing with the kids as we attempted organization, and larissa and abby showed later in the day to lucy's especial delight. i also scored some great finds from gisela's stash: a bunch of spools of thread, a stack of vintage disney record covers that i'm going to frame for the kid's room, and a hand painted russian wooden figurine with red hair and blue eyes (like lucy goosey) were my favorites.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I got heart palpitations just looking at all that glorious yard sale bounty. I love me a good yard sale, I should have come shopping!

The Nits said...

I am so sad that I missed it! I think in the back of my mind I knew you were having it but it didn't click in time. So sad . . .

Cheri said...

Yard sales are sooo much work! So Kelly, did you end up keeping more than selling?! The stuff you mentioned sounds cool. I need a yard sale... (or at least just a good attic clean out!)